Table of Contents
ME IN 3 GUIDE FOR PANHELLENIC & IFC ORGANIZATIONS
DOMAIN & LINKS
- DOMAIN: You will be provided with a customized domain that is specific to your campus. Note that anyone who wants to access the platform MUST have one of the link types listed below in order to proceed.
- SIGN UP LINKS: You will receive a list of links that will be required for each IFC/Panhellenic Administrative member and for each Chapter member.
- ORGANIZATION LINKS: Required for Administrative Member sign ups. This link should not be shared with Chapter leaders or members and is reserved for the IFC/Panhellenic team. Individuals who sign up with this link will be able to see the Voting activity of ALL Chapters and members.
- CHAPTER LINKS: Required for Chapter members who will be voting on PNM Profiles. Individuals who sign up using a Chapter Link will ONLY be able to see the activity of that particular chapter, including Votes and Notes. Chapter links should NOT be shared across Chapters.
- PROGRAM LINK: You will receive a Program link that is to be shared with PNMs. PNMs will use the purple Apply Now button at the bottom of the webpage to begin the 3-step sign-up process. This can be shared anywhere you can paste a link. How it is shared with PNMs is to be determined by the Organization.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Me in 3 works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. All Users should be advised that some features will not function in other browsers.
Organization & Chapter Instructions
ORGANIZATION & CHAPTERS: SIGN UP & CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Follow the link provided by your IFC or Panhellenic leadership. This is a customized link reserved exclusively for your Chapter.
- Begin the sign up process by entering your basic information
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- You can check the box that says “Address same as Organization Address” to use the university address in lieu of your personal address.
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button to complete the basic registration process.
- Check your email for an account verification email. Click the verify button within the email to complete account registration.
VOTING (Subject to Chapter voting rules as determined by the Chapter)
- Login to your Me in 3 account.
- You will automatically be taken to the voting dashboard.
- In the table on the left of the screen, you will see a list of PNMs who have submitted Profiles. These Profiles are ready for you to vote and comment on.
- Watch the PNM video and review the Profile. Consider your Chapter values and requirements when reviewing the Profile.
- When you are ready, cast your vote by clicking the green Thumbs Up or red Thumbs Down icon.
- Note: If you accidentally click the incorrect icon for your vote, you may change it by clicking the appropriate icon. You cannot undo a vote.
- The table will now show your vote in the column under “My Vote”.
- To leave a note that is visible ONLY to your Chapter members, scroll down to the bottom of the PNM Profile and find the light blue “Internal Notes” section. Click the blue “Add Note” button to add a brief and succinct note, then click Save Note.
- You can edit your note after it has been saved by clicking the pencil icon.
- You can also see how other members of your Chapter have voted. In the table, each PNM will show a tally of Thumbs Ups and Thumbs Downs in the appropriate column.
- If a video is somehow inappropriate or violates Chapter rules, you may use the yellow Flag icon to send an alert to Me in 3 Support Team to review the Profile in question.
- Any PNMs that you have not voted on will be displayed at the top of the table. You are able to use the search or sort functions within the table to locate a specific PNM, if necessary.
- To see how other members of the Chapter have voted, hover over the Vote Tally icons above the Profile for a list of votes.
- If a video contains inappropriate content, click the yellow “Flag as Inappropriate” flag icon. When a video is flagged, it will be removed for viewing to all Chapters. In the event that a video is flagged accidentally, please contact email@example.com or utilize the live chat feature to inform the Me in 3 team.
FOR IFC/PANHELLENIC COUNCIL ONLY
- To review Chapter voting activity, login to your account and navigate to the Program Dashboard.
- You will see the table that contains the list of PNM Profiles.
- To view Voting standings by individual Chapter, select the Chapter you wish to review from the dropdown list that appears in the upper left hand corner of the table labeled “Team”. One Chapter may be viewed at a time.
- IFC/PANHELLENIC COUNCIL MEMBERS should not participate in PNM voting. If this occurs, note that the Council Members’ votes will appear in ALL vote tallies.
PNM SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS
- PNMs will be provided with a custom link to the Program by the IFC/Panhellenic recruitment team. Councils should determine the best way to share the link with PNMS.
- When the PNM clicks the link, they will be taken to the initial login screen.
- The PNM must then click the blue “Create a FREE account” link. This will start the registration process where they will enter their:
- Confirm Password
- Upon clicking the blue Sign Up button, a verification email will be sent to the email address the PNM provided.
- PNMs must then locate the email and click the Verify button. They will be taken to a verification confirmation and login screen. The PNM can then begin the Profile creation process.
PNM PROFILE CREATION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Profile Step 1: Enter basic information, including:
- Phone number
- Zip code
- Contact preferences
- Resume upload (If required)
- Profile Step 2: Video upload. Click the Upload/Create button to begin.
- PNMs can upload their video from their device at this screen.
- PNMs can choose to record their video at this screen by clicking the camera icon and granting access to their device camera. They may then record their video.
- They may retake their video as many times as necessary until they feel confident with their creation.
- Profile Step 3: Photo, Social Media, & Summaries (optional but encouraged)
- PNMs can upload a Profile photo by clicking the Photo icon.
- PNMs can add their social media links, if they choose.
- PNMs can add short summaries of their Skills, Experience, & Education (if required by the organization).
- Click the purple “Complete & Submit” button to complete the Profile. This will also Submit the PNMs application for Chapter review. If a PNM wishes to submit their application later, they may click the gray “Not Yet” button.
- PNMs who select “Not Yet” during the Profile creation process must login to their account using their customized login (example: myuniversity.mein3.com) . The Program will appear under “My Saved Programs” on their Dashboard. Clicking that link will open a window to the Program. The PNM must scroll to the bottom, select their Profile from the dropdown menu, then click the purple “Apply” button.
- All PNMs can confirm their Profile submission at the Dashboard. The Program will appear within the “Applied For” table.
- PNMs who wish to update or make changes to their Profiles can do so at any time by logging in at the customized login link (example: myuniversity.mein3.com), then clicking the My Profile link on the left hand side of the PNM dashboard.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
Q: A PNM cannot upload their video. What should they do?
A: If a PNM is having an issue uploading their video, they should check the following items:
1.) Are they using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
2.) Are they connected to a stable internet connection?
3.) Is their video 3 minutes or less? Longer videos = larger file sizes, which may cause the system to timeout.
If all of those items have been checked and the PNM still cannot upload a video, please utilize the Live Chat feature on Me in 3 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: A PNM video is playing back as audio only (no video). How can this be fixed?
A: Some iPhone settings cause a video compatibility error. This is easily fixed but will require the PNM to re-upload their video. There are 2 things a PNM can do:
1.) Open the existing video in an editor like iMovie. Save the video as a new file in either .mp4 format or .mov format. The PNM will then need to re-upload their video to Me in 3 by logging in, clicking on the My Profile section, and selecting the Edit Video button underneath the Profile video. We’ve created step-by-step instructions here: https://www.mein3.com/iphone-compatibility-fix/
2.) Re-record your video after changing iPhone settings. In “Settings” on your iPhone, click “Camera”. There is a setting called Camera Capture. The options are High Efficiency & Most Compatible. It defaults to High Efficiency. You would need to change it to “Most Compatible”. Then record your video and upload it to Me in 3.
Q: A PNM or Chapter Member is unable to login/receives an “Account Not Found” error.
A: Please ensure that the Chapter Member is logging in at the correct custom link (example: myuniversity.mein3.com). Logging in from www.mein3.com will not work. If they are logging in at the correct link and still receiving and “Account Not Found” message, it is highly likely a password issue and they should reset their password using the “Forgot Password” link on the sign in page. If they continue to have login issues, email email@example.com for additional assistance.